[Jamin] 0.98.8
Patrick Shirkey
2013-02-26 04:38:39 UTC

I have just pushed code to enable the hdeq drawing functionality and comp
curves with updates from the comp sliders.

Testing results/feedback welcome.

I also made a couple more tweaks to the hdeq notch handles which I think
looks a little smoother now.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd
Uwe
2013-02-26 09:19:38 UTC

some sliders react to the mouse wheel, some don't. Has nothing to do with
horizontal or vertical arrangement.

Are you aware of that?

Could this be a Jamin problem or a GUI framework problem?

Do you want more details?

Cheers!
Hi,
Patrick Shirkey
2013-02-26 10:21:50 UTC
Post by Uwe
Hi,
some sliders react to the mouse wheel, some don't. Has nothing to do with
horizontal or vertical arrangement.
Are you aware of that?
Could this be a Jamin problem or a GUI framework problem?
It;s a bit strange. Possibly the mouse wheel has been disabled for those
sliders.
Post by Uwe
Do you want more details?
A quick list would be helpful.
Post by Uwe
Cheers!
Hi,
Boost Hardware Ltd
Michiel Broek
2013-02-26 10:30:53 UTC
Post by Patrick Shirkey
Hi,
I have just pushed code to enable the hdeq drawing functionality and comp
curves with updates from the comp sliders.
Testing results/feedback welcome.
I also made a couple more tweaks to the hdeq notch handles which I think
looks a little smoother now.
Patrick,

I added a screenshot. I do not see what you mean with the notch
handles. When I run music through jamin I see the hdeq graph, but
that's it. I run the new version from the source directory, so it may
miss something.

The CPU load is the same on my system compared with the "old" jamin.

gtx, Michiel
Patrick Shirkey
2013-02-26 17:05:38 UTC
Post by Michiel Broek
Post by Patrick Shirkey
Hi,
I have just pushed code to enable the hdeq drawing functionality and comp
curves with updates from the comp sliders.
Testing results/feedback welcome.
I also made a couple more tweaks to the hdeq notch handles which I think
looks a little smoother now.
Patrick,
I added a screenshot. I do not see what you mean with the notch
handles. When I run music through jamin I see the hdeq graph, but
that's it. I run the new version from the source directory, so it may
miss something.
You should try recompiling it.

sh autogen.sh
make

./src/jamin
Boost Hardware Ltd
Michiel Broek
2013-02-26 18:18:07 UTC
Post by Patrick Shirkey
Post by Michiel Broek
Post by Patrick Shirkey
Hi,
I have just pushed code to enable the hdeq drawing functionality and comp
curves with updates from the comp sliders.
Testing results/feedback welcome.
I also made a couple more tweaks to the hdeq notch handles which I think
looks a little smoother now.
Patrick,
I added a screenshot. I do not see what you mean with the notch
handles. When I run music through jamin I see the hdeq graph, but
that's it. I run the new version from the source directory, so it may
miss something.
You should try recompiling it.
sh autogen.sh
make
./src/jamin
I did just that, it wont work right anyway. And in between a make clean
to be sure. So there is a drawing problem here?

gtx Michiel.
Patrick Shirkey
2013-02-26 23:43:08 UTC
Post by Michiel Broek
Post by Patrick Shirkey
Post by Michiel Broek
Post by Patrick Shirkey
Hi,
I have just pushed code to enable the hdeq drawing functionality and comp
curves with updates from the comp sliders.
Testing results/feedback welcome.
I also made a couple more tweaks to the hdeq notch handles which I think
looks a little smoother now.
Patrick,
I added a screenshot. I do not see what you mean with the notch
handles. When I run music through jamin I see the hdeq graph, but
that's it. I run the new version from the source directory, so it may
miss something.
You should try recompiling it.
sh autogen.sh
make
./src/jamin
I did just that, it wont work right anyway. And in between a make clean
to be sure. So there is a drawing problem here?
Could you try running with the -g flag

./src/jamin -g

I may have missed something at default startup.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd
Michiel Broek
2013-02-28 18:55:47 UTC
Post by Patrick Shirkey
Post by Michiel Broek
Post by Patrick Shirkey
Post by Michiel Broek
Post by Patrick Shirkey
Hi,
[...]
Hi Patrick,

sorry for the delay. When I start it with -g and select master, I see
the notches. I can pull and shift them too. When I try do draw a curve
using the line jamin segfaults. Anyway, the notches are there and look ok.

I see that the 30 band Eq sliders follow the notches, but not the other
way round.

gtx, Michiel.
Post by Patrick Shirkey
--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd
Michiel Broek
2013-02-28 22:00:57 UTC
Post by Michiel Broek
Post by Patrick Shirkey
Post by Michiel Broek
Post by Patrick Shirkey
Post by Michiel Broek
Post by Patrick Shirkey
Hi,
[...]
It should work both ways. It does in the original.
Jan
I know Jan, that is why I said that. But since Patrick is reworking all
that stuff, I can imagine that it doesn't work because he didn't convert
that piece of code.
As a positive thing, some people are trying some commits to see what
works. It is going in the right direction.

gtx, Michiel.
Jan Depner
2013-03-01 00:44:15 UTC
Post by Michiel Broek
Post by Michiel Broek
Post by Patrick Shirkey
Post by Michiel Broek
Post by Patrick Shirkey
Post by Michiel Broek
Post by Patrick Shirkey
Hi,
[...]
It's certainly interesting to watch ;-) That's the good thing about
FLOSS. It just keeps going and going and going... like the energizer
bunny.
gtx, Michiel.
Udo van den Heuvel
2013-03-01 12:21:02 UTC
Post by Jan Depner
It's certainly interesting to watch ;-) That's the good thing about
FLOSS. It just keeps going and going and going... like the energizer
bunny.
Please do not make it 0.99.x before 99% says it works.
Then have 0.99 for wider testing.
And then we have 1.00.00!!

Udo

Jan Depner
[...]