[Jamin] tutorials and a suggestion
ty armour
2016-02-09 23:00:11 UTC
I saw that you were going to provide api documentation and had a futher
suggestion. That suggestin is for tutorials on writing things like
equalizers and compressors so that people can design their own compressors
and emulators. Also, I had a request for a digital mixing console with the
ability to send multiple effects to each track(unlimited number) Ill
probably end up writing this myself but Ill suggest it to you too because
it seems like a good Idea and I have not seen it implemented.

Also, you might consider writing and posting tutorials on the following.
Incorporate yourself into applications like Hydrogen and LMMS...see if they
will ship standard with your software, or a port of your software

same goes with guitarix and bristol and rakarrack. but yeah tutorials on
DSP would be great because someone needs to save bristol and rakarrack

but yeah tutorials on designing and writing mastering software would be
great because it will allow everyone to develop jamin...and definitely see
what you think about trying to get hydrogen and lmms to ship their product
with jamin

and tutorials on jamin usage would be great too, and tutorials on all of
the features of jammin that way anyone can jump right in and be a master at
mastering software.

also, if you think about it do some vacuum tube compression emulators. that
might be nice to have a digital version of a tube compressor.

but yeah the more tutorials you post the better, itll help in the long run
and give people the skills they need to develop these applications

thanks for your time
Patrick Shirkey
2016-02-10 05:52:59 UTC
Post by ty armour
I saw that you were going to provide api documentation and had a futher
suggestion.
Jamin does not have an API. It is a stand alone application.
Post by ty armour
That suggestin is for tutorials on writing things like
equalizers and compressors so that people can design their own compressors
and emulators.
Jamin uses plugins from the swh-ladspa collection. The source is available
online:

https://github.com/swh/ladspa
Post by ty armour
Also, I had a request for a digital mixing console with the
ability to send multiple effects to each track(unlimited number) Ill
probably end up writing this myself but Ill suggest it to you too because
it seems like a good Idea and I have not seen it implemented.
If you are looking for a DJ mixing console then you can use jackeq.

http://djcj.org/jackeq

There are several other mixing consoles available for example jackmix

http://www.arnoldarts.de/jackmix/

And for more complex audio routing you can use ardour, qtractor, etc...
Post by ty armour
Also, you might consider writing and posting tutorials on the following.
Incorporate yourself into applications like Hydrogen and LMMS...see if they
will ship standard with your software, or a port of your software
same goes with guitarix and bristol and rakarrack. but yeah tutorials on
DSP would be great because someone needs to save bristol and rakarrack
These developers/projects all know about jamin already. Jamin is intended
to be used as a final stage prior to mixdown. It can also be used as a
stand alone tool for "live" processing if that is a goal. YMMV.
Post by ty armour
but yeah tutorials on designing and writing mastering software would be
great because it will allow everyone to develop jamin...and definitely see
what you think about trying to get hydrogen and lmms to ship their product
with jamin
and tutorials on jamin usage would be great too, and tutorials on all of
the features of jammin that way anyone can jump right in and be a master at
mastering software.
also, if you think about it do some vacuum tube compression emulators. that
might be nice to have a digital version of a tube compressor.
There are several ladspa and LV2 plugins for that purpose. However there
is no motivation to extend jamin in that direction at the moment. We will
gladly accept patches from anyone with the time/motivation to go in that
direction. If you are thinking of adding to jamin please look at the GTK3
git repo which has the most recent code additions.

http://sourceforge.net/p/jamin/code/ci/master/tree/
--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd